Now that you are in the 5th month of pregnancy, belly starts showing prominently. During this time your waist will contract because the uterus moves into the abdomen. During this time you must start sleeping on your side because if you sleep on your back then your baby may press the veins in the back of the abdomen and restrict the blood flow.
Development of your baby
During this time your baby will start growing a protective cover known as myelin. Length of your baby is now 6.29 inches and weight is 51/2 ounces. At this time you will feel that your baby starts moving which may feel like a bubbling sensation. Ears of your baby are now at their position and the lungs start forming bronchioles which lead to the development of respiratory sacs. If you have a baby girl then uterus, as well as the fallopian tubes, are formed on the other hand if your baby is a boy then his genitals will be noticeable.
Changes in your body
Your structure of the body will continuously change and people can recognize your pregnancy by seeing your belly. In addition to this, there are many other changes which people can’t see but it might cause discomfort to you. Below you will find a scoop of symptoms which you might be feeling:
- You will feel flutter like sensation during these days as your baby starts movement inside your womb.
- Due to a lot of pressure inside your abdomen, you will feel pain at the back of your body
- Leg cramp might occur due to the hydration so drink a lot of fluids
- At this time you have how to deal with varicose veins which are caused due to the extra pressure on blood vessels which makes the veins become swollen.
- The hormones in your body will start preparing your pelvis for delivery and make them looser.
Plan of this week
At this time you might go for your third prenatal visit. During your visit, the doctor will perform a regular sonogram test to examine the development of the baby. Along with that, your doctor will also order for doing the triple test screening to check whether your baby is at any risk of birth defects. If the result of this test comes abnormal then the doctor will advise to do some other test or refer to a specialist.
So, it is advisable that you must get enough rest throughout the day so that your muscles and veins get relaxed which can help you in reducing the discomfort of this week.