Heartiest greetings to all the would-be mummies! Carrying a little one inside you must be an exciting time for you and your family. It happens in most of the Indian families that your family will take a lot of care throughout this period along with many of them will give you their opinions. This might make you confused about things to eat, ways of doing daily activities, etc.
So, here are some tips that might be helpful for you during pregnancy.
- Stay away from Sun – During this time you might get affected by the heat of the sun very easily that might cause sensitivity to your skin show. So always try to avoid it and if you have to go out and sunscreen is always a good suggestion to use.
- Use body oil – Meaning of stretch marks is an obvious particularly if they are hereditary. So, it is a necessity to reduce the effects of stretch marks by using oil. Olive oil or baby oil will give you the best result according to your skin type. Apply daily and massage in circular motions.
- Stay hydrated – The golden rule of pregnancy is drinking plenty of water. The reason behind is as a little baby is growing inside you so it is important that all of the nutrients get dissolved into your blood.
- Do not over-exfoliate – During pregnancy your skin also becomes irritated. It is necessary to clean your skin but do not exfoliate more than needed. It will lead to rash or pimples during the gestation period. Only use a moisturizer on a ball of cotton and then clean your face.
There are some things that must be avoided:
- Pills for acne – Pimples during pregnancy is normal phenomenon but if you are thinking to consume medicine for acne then and it is a big NO because these pills are made up of chemicals that may react with your hormones in an adverse manner.
- Do not use cosmetics containing alcohol rather try to use makeup those are water-based.
- Try to avoid waxing in the gestation period as this may cause irritation to your skin or even cause a breakout of your skin.
Now that you have come across some tips that will help you to keep your skin healthy and this skincare routine is not so tough to perform. Hence you must follow these skin care tips to maintain your skin healthy throughout your pregnancy.