Sleeplessness is common during pregnancy. It occurs due to the hormonal changes and physical discomforts allied with pregnancy. It is found throughout the pregnancy but each of the trimester have different reason for causing sleeplessness.
- Increased walking due to frequent urge to pee.
- Physical and emotional stress of pregnancy causes insomnia.
- Increase in sleep during the day.
- During this time duration of sleep at night increases as urination at night decreases because the foetus do not create any pressure on the bladder.
- But the quality of sleep decreases due to the result of increasing hormones and emotional stress.
- Discomfort occurs due to the increasing belly.
- Frequent urination occurs due to the increase in the size of the baby.
Advices for sleeping well
- You must try sleeping in new positions
- Take a warm bath and massage before sleeping so that your body gets relaxed.
- Take a side pillow that will give support to your body especially your belly.
- Maintain the temperature of your room as per your convenience so that you can get a comfortable sleeping.
- Eat your dinner early and make sure that you are consuming foods with high protein.
- Drink a glass of warm milk and it will help you to put on sleep.
- Try relaxation techniques such as yoga, breathing exercise, listening music, to relax your body and mind.
- Cut off the caffeine intake before going to bed and try to eliminate it throughout the day.
- Limit your intake of fluids before going to sleep.
Some medication is known to safe for intake during pregnancy but you must try to avoid them as far as it is advised by your doctor. However, you might take some magnesium supplement to deal with constipation as well as leg cramps.
Apart from all these if you are facing problems in sleeping at night they try seep at day time because complete rest is necessary for a pregnant women as it will keep the mum-to-be energetic throughout the day.