Pregnancy, is undoubtedly, one of the most beautiful experiences of life, which take you to another world of selflessness – a world so divine where you carry another beautiful life inside you.
To keep this journey safer and healthier, you need to take care of your body, each and every part of it. So make sure that you keep your hygiene levels intact because they play a very important role during this period. This fact, though not mentioned much by moms-to-be, actually needs to be pondered upon the most, because it affects the day-to-day life.
With the rising levels of hormonal changes going on inside your body, you might not feel like your own sometimes! There are changes in the body temperature, bacterial growth, bad breath, vaginal odour, sensitive skin and hair, etc., which you might notice, but don’t worry – these can be very easily handled with just some extra care.
Let us see some very simple hygiene tips that can be followed during pregnancy and which make the experience of motherhood a pleasant one:
- Your skin seems to become overactive and sensitive during this period so make sure that you use natural, fragrance-free products for washing your face and hair.
- Try to shampoo your hair regularly and splash you face with water whenever you notice that extra oil on your face.
- This is the most important point that needs to be followed during your pregnancy.
- Make sure to have a bath every day and clean and wash yourself well after using the washroom.
- Wash your hand and face well after coming from outside and before eating anything.
- Try to keep your pubic area clean and hair-free to avoid any genital infections.
- The changes in oestrogen levels during pregnancy lead to sensitive gums and bad breath too. So brush your teeth twice a day and don’t forget to floss to avoid plaque.
- For sensitive gums, massage them with anti-inflammatory agents after consulting your doctor.
- So smell good and feel good by keeping those odour-causing bacteria at bay.
- Always wear comfortable fabrics, preferably cotton which are loose and avoid staying in sweaty clothes for long.
- Don’t use very tight undergarments. Wear a well-fitting maternity bra with pads which can absorb any discharge from the nipples.
- Wash all your clothes properly and dry them well in the sun to keep the germs away.
So just follow these simple tips and make this journey a memorable one by keeping yourself clean and pure to embrace the refreshing aroma of motherhood to step into your new world!