Did you know that your baby had already hit a milestone of crossing the fifth month of its development? Yes, it’s true that you have already completed your fifth month of pregnancy.
Your baby at this week
The baby during this time looks almost a newborn baby but is quite small in size. The development will continue to occur for the remaining weeks. The baby starts developing tooth buds, various organs such as lungs, taste buds, fingernails and had already developed the eyes.
- As your baby grows, it causes the skin to expand and the stretch marks occur especially on your belly. Rub creams or body oils to get relief from dryness and itching of the skin.
- The pressure in the uterus causes slow movement in the digestive tract. Also, the growth of the uterus exerts pressure which leads to constipation.
- There is an increase in the oestrogen production causes vaginal discharge which is clear and odourless. This discharge is known as leukorrhea. This is very common and occurs to all the mom-to-be. However, if you find any blood with this discharge then contact your doctor immediately.
- You may feel that while doing any kind of work you are getting tired and it is becoming difficult to breathe. This is because the uterus is exerting pressure on the diaphragm which is leading to less space for the lungs to expand causing shortness of breath.
- During this time, you have to deal with the visibility of varicose veins. This occurs due to extra pressure on blood vessels which makes the veins swollen.
Many females start to worry about premature labor, particularly if they have lower abdominal pain, backaches, pelvic pressure, cramping, and vaginal discharge. These symptoms are normal but sometimes lead to premature labor. If this symptom remains post 22 weeks to 38 weeks, there is a higher risk of premature birth. At this point immediately contact with your doctor and you will be advised about proper medications that will help you in preventing any kind of risks associated with birth.