Holi is indeed a fun festival. However, the real challenge comes right after Holi when you have to struggle with the after effects of color on your skin and hair. Here are some tips that can protect your skin and hair to a great extent from the damages of colors used during Holi.
Post Holi Skin Care
- Take a shower as soon as you reach home. The longer you let the colours dry and set in, the more difficult it would be to get rid of dry colors. You need to stand under running shower for 5-10 minutes.
- Shower with Luke warm water and liquid soap. You may add glycerin and sea salt to this mixture. This will prohibit any infection from toxic colors.
- Do not rub your facial skin too much while removing the Use oil-based cleanser to remove them. You may also use a mixture of curd and sandal wood for your face. This mixture works wonders to cleanse your skin. You may also dab some olive oil on your face and wash off with Luke warm water after few minutes.
- To hydrate after taking bath, apply moisturizer in your face and skin.
- However, do not worry in case there are traces of colors left on your skin as it will take a few days before finally fading away completely. Do not exfoliate your skin with scrubs at least for 48 hours after playing Holi.
Post Holi Hair Care
- Wash your hair normally with plain water to get rid of the colors naturally. Place your scalp under a steady flow of water for some time.
- Use a herbal Shampoo to get rid of colors.
- To moisturize your hair use a hair mask using olive oil, lemon juice and a curd Apply the mask on your hair and keep the mixture for 30 minutes. Wash off with mild shampoo and conditioner.
It is advisable to wash yourself carefully in case you are a lactating Mother. You may use ubtans made up of olive oil, curd, besan and take the bath with Luke warm water. Otherwise your baby may be affected by ingesting colors. With a little Caution and Care Holi can be enjoyable for all the Moms-to-be and New Moms.